Remember the promise of RSS? The great feeling each day when you’d see 1000 unread posts? The world’s information at your fingertips. Until your next deadline. No blog reading that day. You get that sense of dread… That feeling that you’re missing something important as you “Mark All Read”? Some folks are even forced into declaring RSS bankruptcy.
The Bscopes Approach
That is the essence of the Bscopes approach. A picture, not more text. and definitely not just filtering.
We’ve created our own special secret sauce that combines important ingredients about each blog in a topic. We then weigh and measure them to create a Heatmap score. And then present it to you as a Heatmap.
Here are Top 10 blog posts we’ve written on information overload:
- Mapping and Mining The Blogosphere
- Not All Blogs Are The Same (or… Some Blogs are More Equal Than Other Blogs)
- Visualizing Information Overload
- Yet Another Internet Meme on the “Death” of RSS
- Definitely Not Filtering
- Visualizing a Blog — Why Graph At All?
- Once Again… What is the Problem?
- Overload is More Than Just Quantity
- Weather Radar — What a Great Metaphor
- Don’t Kill Your RSS Reader! Add To It